Monday, June 29, 2009
The money arrived on time. We pay the taxes and begin to re-organize ourselves for another sale of art. The pump prices are back up/ food is soaring and the wolf tears at our son's door. This confusion leads to distention of my limbs and a human desire to consume. New York has been a jumping off place/the fine liberal folk have understood at least that we suffer a general malaise when it comes to survival in art/their hearts go out to us. It's jump/dance/kick and holler.
Monday, June 22, 2009
a splendid morning for a hike up the mountain/iT IS TIME TO GO BACK TO THE CITY/the rain stopped/all the children have checked in today/FATHER'S day
- Just a twenty dollar party/ you bring the beer/ we sit in the underbelly of this whale/crying to get out/
Thursday, June 18, 2009
- I WANT IT TO WORK/FOR ME TO CONTINUE DOING THE WORK/to embrace life like a birthday party/to fall out at night without a care in the world/ to step it up/two-step/do the frugal thing/ but something is creating discord/a loose wire in the system/a short-circuit/a poet lives inside me/and it hurts.....
Saturday, June 6, 2009
- GRADY HELPED US PUT IN A WINDOW/SO THE MORNING LIGHT COULD SHINE /a glass blower lived down the road / we4 gave Grady $5.00 for rent/ and then while feeding his dog /he must have had a heart attack/ fell and hit his head on a plow near the smoke house/he died
Thursday, June 4, 2009
- the sign was you / who pushed the stick / through the fence /standing offence / a butterfly taps a gainst the window /we do the pony / somewhere between the blues and hip-hop/
- THERE'LL BE NO DINNER TONIGHT / OR TOMORROW /JUST MEMORIES of babies being born /and growing/ like tadpoles /my idea/ was to let each of the children know what I know/ then/ let them go
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
- IT'S A COUNTRY QUIET /a bride / a bird's chorus /a buzz of metal chatter
Monday, June 1, 2009
WATKINSVILLE,Ga. /we live in a slave shack/one room /with wild roses wrapping around /a stone fireplace /one one year Steve paints in an old barn
- Now that Grady's dead/ we'll pay you a dollar a month to clean his gravesite / Steve and Francy/you'll get a half gallon of buttermilk to wash the holiday dishes and make mama's bed. Free rent/our rent had been five dollars..